Healthy Flatbread Recipe Made With Vegetables
Finally, a flatbread recipe that is gluten-free, delicious, and is the perfect appetizer for any occasion! As the name suggests, I love to load up this dish with tons of veggies.
With this fun recipe, I encourage you to play with your food – you can be creative with colors and design to suit your mood or the occasion. For a colorful fiesta, you can toss some grilled or fresh bell peppers onto the bread. You can arrange a rainbow of veggies for a little pizazz or toss your favorite protein on top for a heartier fare. Sometimes, I love to keep it simple and smear it with my favorite sun-dried tomato hummus.
This Veggie Flatbread recipe is so good that it barely needs a topping or filler! You can enjoy it year round in a casual setting such as out door BBQ or as a formal appetizer at a sit down dinner. Depending on how you dress it up, it is the perfect treat for any occasion.
The base of the flatbread recipe is garbanzo bean flour, which is one of my favorite gluten-free flours for its rich nutritional content, but will not leave you feeling weighed down like many commercial types of bread. Garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas) are rich in dietary fiber, high in protein and healthy fat, and contain body supporting minerals like manganese, folate, copper, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
This recipe is perfect for those who like to avoid wheat or other inflammatory grains, since most traditionally-cooked flatbread is loaded with processed flours and sugars (very low frequency foods!).
- 2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup kale, julienned and loosely packed
- small handful of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat griddle on medium.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, water, baking soda ,optional turmeric, cumin, garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix well ensuring all the flour lumps are gone.
- Add in lemon, stir and you will notice the batter rise and foam a bit.
- Add in veggies and combine thoroughly.
- The batter will rise and cover the vegetables.
- Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Tip: Serves well with Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
With its minerals and rich nutritional content, Veggie Flatbread nourishes the physical body and raises the energy frequency at the same time. By simply slicing up a few fresh, organic veggies and wrapping them in this magnificent bread, you do your body, mind, and soul a world of good!
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy?
Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS HEALTHY FLATBREAD MADE WITH VEGETABLES?
I’d love to hear from you if you make this. Leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!