Om Chocolate Chip Bites – Delicious and Energizing
These chocolate balls are to die for, if I do say so myself. Occasionally, we all need a little treat, and these babies are packed with tons of energizing nutrients. Best of all, they’re super simple to make. Four ingredients and a 5-minute prep and you are ready to bake!
The oats are rich in a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan. This particular type of fiber is known to help lower high cholesterol levels, which is good news for those who are keeping an eye on their cholesterol. In addition, beta-glucan can boost the immune system, and some folks even take it as a supplement.
Oats are also full of minerals such as manganese (which helps with inflammation), selenium, phosphorous, fiber, magnesium, and zinc. These important minerals are the foundation health preservation and restoration.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup gluten free oats , rolled
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- small handful semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life mini-chips)
- optional add-ins: dash of vanilla extract, chopped nuts, dried fruit, a few tablespoons nut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas fairly smooth, a few small chunks is ok.
- Add oats and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix again. If the mixture is really wet, add a few tablespoons of oats.
- Grease a cookie sheet lightly with coconut oil or line with a silpat .
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and place on cookie sheet. I left mine in a dome shape, you could flatten it out a bit with your fingers to make a flatter shape. Should get anywhere from 12 -16 depending on the size you scoop out, if it was a heaping tablespoon or not.
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes. If you make your scoops dome shaped and on the larger side, bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes before eating. Store leftovers loosely covered and eat within a day or two.
The chocolate bits in this recipe bring a special kind of “om” to the body, too – did you know that chocolate is a high-vibration food? Indeed, cacao contains anandamide, which is called the “bliss” chemical. Anandamide helps flood our body with endorphins, and can lift our spirits in an instance. Chocolate is best consumed in its most natural, unprocessed state – the more raw, the higher the vibration, the happier you!
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?
What do you think of these chocolate chip bites?
I’d love to hear from you if you make this. Leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!